STUDY IN CANADA
Canada has positioned itself to become another great destination for international students. Throughout Canada’s 13 provinces and territories, there are more than 130 colleges and 90 universities. There are many reasons why Canada is a great study abroad destination and we’ve identified the top reasons below!
- Canadian degrees and diplomas are highly comparable to those from the United States, United Kingdom and Australia.
- Canadian governments invests heavily in the education system.
- Canada has some of the top universities in the world and AHEC is proud to partner with many of them. From Business to Engineering, you are bound to find your program
- In the last 10 years Canada has established itself an immigration friendly country for students post-graduation.
- Depending on the major, a student can stay in the country up to three years through the Post Graduate Work Permit program.
- Most Canadian universities do not require SAT’s or ACT’s for admission.
- In many cases co-curricular activities and student involvement are not critical to admission.
- Canadian universities tend to be more straightforward with their academic requirements, more objective than subjective.
- Many Canadian universities start at reasonable prices for cost of attendance.
- However scholarshipsare not as many or generous as their American counterparts.
- Some top Canadian scholarship include the Lester B Pearson Scholarship.